Friday, April 22, 2011

Ending WeeK 14 Honoring My Grandmother Easter And The End Of Easter Season!

My Grandmother's Name Was Easter.  I think about my grandmother, Easter, especially now that I am a grandmother and especially during Easter Season.  She was the mother of nine children and God called her home when she was 84.  The comforting smile you see in the picture is what I remember the most.  She was a strong beautiful woman loved by tons of grandchildren and others.

*Why Do Christians Celebrate Easter?
Christians believe, according to Scripture, that Jesus came back to life, or was raised from the dead, three days after his death on the cross. As part of the Easter season, the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion is commemorated on Good Friday, always the Friday just before Easter. Through his death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus paid the penalty for sin, thus purchasing for all who believe in him, eternal life in Christ Jesus.

(For a more detailed explanation about his death and resurrection, see Why Did Jesus Have to Die? and Timeline of Jesus' Final Hours.)

*Information taken from About.com 

Hope your Easter Season is a great one. Thank you again for reading my Blob and may God continue to Bless you.

No comments: